타이틀이 들어갑니다. Production of high-quality field-based practical experts in intellectual property demanded by various firms and organizations.
○ Cultivating professionals who can expand competitiveness in intellectual property to strategic industries, which is now limited to semiconductor and mobile phone industries
○ Cultivating experts with international business skills to effectively defend Korean firms expanding and penetrating into abroad markets
타이틀이 들어갑니다. Established platform to cultivate practical experts in intellectual property with international practical competitiveness
○ Expansion of English lectures to aid students to work in the international stage after graduation
○ International program to raise global experts (Inviting renowned lecturers from prestigious law schools, business schools, government agencies and firms in the US)
타이틀이 들어갑니다. Professors with rich practical experience in intellectual property rights
○ Experts who accumulated practical field experiences in intellectual property rights of over 15 years in organizations such as the intellectual property office • the patent court • small & medium business corporation, firms including Samsung • LG, patent/law offices such as Kim & Chang • BKL • Firstlaw are recruited to form the best pool of professors both in and out of Korea.
○ Engineering and business are taken charge of by professors of KAIST, and professional faculty of professors take charge of law and patent
○ Invitation of renowned faculty from Northwestern University and Sunstein Kann Murphy & Timbers LLP in the US, and Kim & Chang in Korea to nurture students’ international business skills
타이틀이 들어갑니다. Well-rounded curriculum to develop engineering, legal and business skills
○Close educational cooperation with the government, firms and law firms to support professors, for educational workshops and student admission.
Educational goals pursued by KAIST-MIP
Internationalized program to produce global experts
Dual degree program with LLM program at Northwestern University (upon students’ choice)
- KAIST-MIP students can apply for dual degree with LLM program at Northwestern University
- 4 subjects per year, for two years; total of 8 subjects must be completed
- Production of law and management experts with international competitiveness
① Credits also transfer as credits from KAIST-MIP
② Joint degrees of KAIST-MIP and LLM program at Northwestern University are conferred at graduation (separate tuition fees apply)